Ford Co-Pilot360™ Driver Assist Technology Explained
Many 2019 and 2020 Ford models are equipped with Ford Co-Pilot360™ Technology, which is a host of advanced safety technology. Many people wonder what features are included in Ford Co-Pilot360™, so we’re going to explain this safety technology. Continue reading below for a summary of each feature.
There are 12 advanced safety technology features included in Ford Co-Pilot360™. To learn what each feature entails, read the definitions below.
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) With Cross-Traffic Alert helps the driver in multiple ways, first, it alerts the driver if they are pulling out of a parking spot or driveway and a vehicle is approaching, and it also notifies the driver if a vehicle is in their blind spot while switching lanes
- Lane Keeping System scans the vehicle’s position in its lane and notifies the driver if they are drifting too close to the edge of their lane
- Pre-Collision Assist with Auto Emergency Braking scans the road ahead for potential collisions with pedestrians or vehicles in front of the vehicle and brakes automatically if necessary
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go and Lane Centering sets the Ford vehicle’s cruise control to the vehicle in front of it and adjusts as the vehicle accelerates, decelerates and stops, while lane-centering reads lane marking to keep the Ford centered in its lane
- Evasive Steering Assist detects slowed or stopped traffic and applies the brake to avoid a collision, but if braking isn’t enough, the Ford will help maneuver around the vehicle with steering support
- Reverse Brake Assist senses objects behind the vehicle when it is in reverse and applies the brakes if the object is too close
- Rear View Camera streams a live view of behind the Ford when it is reverse to the infotainment screen
- Enhanced Active Park Assist helps the Ford parallel park or back into spots, the driver has to activate the feature, shift, accelerate and brake while the vehicle steers
- Auto High-Beam Headlamps automatically activate while driving on unlit roads and low-visibility situations and turn off when a vehicle approaches or visibility changes
- BLIS® with Trailer Coverage alerts the driver when they are attempting to change lanes, but a vehicle is in their blind spot or alongside the trailer
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™ allows the driver to use a knob to back their trailer up, rotating it in the direction they want the trailer to go
- Hill Descent Control™ helps the vehicle go a steady speed while going down a hill and applying the brakes as necessary
Read More: Which 2020 Ford Vehicles Can Tow?
Test Drive a 2020 Ford Model in Chicago, IL
Metro Ford in Chicago, IL is now carrying 2020 Ford models! If you are interested in learning more about a specific vehicle, check the inventory and make your way to Metro Ford! If you want to take the vehicle for a spin, schedule a test drive! We look forward to seeing you soon!